The Facilities Maintenance Department is responsible for the maintenance of town right-of-ways, beautification areas, parks, cemeteries, buildings, sidewalks and other facilities. The department consists of three divisions: Right of Way Division, Landscape Division, and Public Facilities Division. The services provided by each are listed below.
Right of Way Division
- Residential Junk and Brush Removal
- Leaf Route
- Christmas Tree Route
- Street Sweeping
- R.O.W. Mowing and Tree Trimming
- Downtown Litter Pick-up
- Sidewalk Cleaning & Snow Removal
- Cemetery Mowing
- Maintenance of 70 flower beds and beautification areas
- Maintenance of Greenway Trail, Junaluska Park, North Street Park, Jaycees Park, Horn-in-the-West Hill, Jones House Community Center grounds
- Maintenance of 1000+ town trees (Tree City USA, 10yrs.), Arbor Day
- Design, installation and maintenance of all new town landscaping projects
- Town Christmas decorations
- Landscape inspections
Public Facilities Division
- Maintenance and repair of all town buildings and facilities (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, masonry, carpentry)
- New construction and remodeling
- Sidewalk construction and repair
Please contact us to report any facility maintenance issues or request pick ups. Click here to review the Americans with Disabilities Act Grievance Procedure.
Residential Junk & Brush Removal
The Town of Boone will provide the following residential services free of charge:
- Three-yard debris, brush, leaf or junk pickups during a calendar year without cost. (PLEASE NOTE: Brush/Limbs must be trimmed to a length no longer than 10 feet and diameter no larger than 8 inches.)
- Community leaf pickup per neighborhood, October 15th through December 15th.
- One pickup for Christmas tree(s) per resident during the first two weeks of January.
Pickups exceeding those mentioned above will be charged according to the town’s current rate schedule. Brush pickup: $130.00 per hour, $65.00 half-hour minimum. Junk or Debris pickup: $130.00 per hour, $65.00 half-hour minimum. Leaf pickup: $68.00 per hour, $34.00 half-hour minimum.
For more information, additional rates, or requests for service, please contact the Town of Boone Facilities Maintenance Dept. at (828) 268-6230.
The Town of Boone Department of Public Works will provide residential leaf pick up per neighborhood from the middle of October through middle of December.
Leaves should be placed curbside and free of all other debris. It is not necessary to call to schedule a pick-up. For current route information, please contact the Town of Boone Facilities Maintenance Division at (828) 268-6230.
Christmas Tree Route
The Town of Boone Facilities Maintenance Division will pick up Christmas Trees for chipping the first two weeks of January of each year.
Trees need to be placed curbside on your regular garbage day and need to be free of decorations, wire and nails.