Geographic Information Systems
A Geographic Information System (GIS) is an organized collection of computer hardware, software, geographic data, procedures, and personnel designed to efficiently capture, store, update, manipulate, analyze, and display all forms of spatially referenced data.
The Town of Boone’s GIS Department is responsible for the development, maintenance and distribution of the Town’s digital data. The GIS Department uses Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (ESRI) software products.
Layers Produced or Under Production:
- Fire Hydrants
- Greenway Trail
- Municipal Service District
- Police Reporting Districts
- Road Centerlines
- Structure Footprints
- Water Distribution System
- Wastewater Collection System
- Digital Aerial Photography (2005)
- Parcel Boundaries (Maintained by Watauga County)
- Town Storm Water (Catch Basins & Pipes)
The form is in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. If you do not have Acrobat, click here to download a free copy.