The Town of Boone is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Grants Coordinator. This position is responsible for overseeing the Town’s grant management activities associated with ARP grants and recommend processes for streamlining grant contract, evaluation, and reporting processes. The grants coordinator serves as a subject matter expert and will manage, track, and report grant activity through the life cycle of ARP grants. This position ensures the Town adheres to federal guidance and requirements set by regulatory agencies as well as Town policies and procedures. This position will report directly to the Town Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret the American Rescue Plan Act, Interim Final Rule, Uniform Guidance and other related requirements.
- Ability to analyze, research, and interpret grant guidelines.
- Ability to independently research and analyze information and to propose programs and projects.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other related work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and diverse groups, and to develop a consensus on specific issues.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong MS Office skills.
- Strong commitment to racial equity and understanding of key tools to advance equity impact measures
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business management, Public Administration or Finance/Accounting, and six (6) months or more related experience in business management, public administration, finance, or accounting.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina.
$56,314 Employee will serve a six-month probation
All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a controlled substance screening, medical examination and extensive background check.
To apply, please fill out the Town of Boone Employment Application
If you prefer a hard copy, please fill out the Town of Boone Employment Application (PDF) and Email Linda Councill the complete application. You can also fax the application to (828) 268-6208, mail the application to P.O. Box 192, Boone, NC 28607 OR return the application to Town Hall at 567 W. King Street in Boone, NC 28607.
TOB is an EOE.
November 29th, 2022