The Town of Boone Police Department has a vacancy for the position of Patrol Corporal. This is a supervisory position.
Minimum Qualifications for Corporal set forth by Boone Police Department General Orders, Section 1002:
- This process will be given as needed. After a promotional process, the completed promotional list remains valid for one year. The Chief of Police or his/her designee will choose the most qualified candidate for promotion from the current list. If the list of eligible candidates is less than three, a new promotional process may be given when an opening occurs.
- Candidates must have three years of credible police experience as a full-time law enforcement officer. The Chief of Police or his/her designee will have the final authority to determine what prior service will be deemed credible and how much credit will be given on a case by case basis if there is any doubt.
- Candidates may have had no suspensions more than one day, and/or no more than one written reprimand, or no combination of suspensions and written reprimands in the two years of employment prior to the position posting at Boone Police Department or at another agency where the credible police service occurred.
|Sworn Oral Board||25%|
- Plus, two points for an AA or AS degree (or equivalent hours); four points for a BA or BS degree (or equivalent hours) or higher.
- Additional points may be added if further assessments are added to this process.
A drug screen and a psychological test may be completed on internal candidates prior to promotion and shall be completed if an outside candidate is chosen as a condition of employment.
$48,646. Employee will serve a 6-month probation.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina. Possession of Basic Law Enforcement certificate. Must meet and maintain all minimum training and experience requirements for the position established by the department and State of North Carolina.
Internal Candidates may submit a letter of interest to Lieutenant Lance Wills by 8 am on September 2, 2022. Candidates should outline their qualifications for this position in the memo and include the reason(s) for interest in the position. The person selected will receive a 5% salary increase.
External Candidates must submit a resume and an employment application available on the Town of Boone website (www.townofboone.net). Questions can be directed to Lieutenant Lance Wills at the Boone Police Department at 828-268-6941 or Lance.Wills@townofboone.net, regarding the application process.
To apply, please fill out the Town of Boone Employment Application
If you prefer a hard copy, please fill out the Town of Boone Employment Application (PDF) and Email Linda Councill the complete application. You can also fax the application to (828) 268-6208, mail the application to P.O. Box 192, Boone, NC 28607 OR return the application to Town Hall at 567 W. King Street in Boone, NC 28607.
TOB is an EOE.
September 2nd, 2022