Volunteer in Boone
Volunteer in the Boone Community
Here in the Town of Boone, we pride ourselves on our sense of community. From community care to agriculture, Boone has many non-profits looking for volunteers to help serve our community. In fact, the Town of Boone has volunteer opportunities itself! Listed below are 8 non-profits which the Town of Boone partners with:
- Hospitality House of Northwest North Carolina
- Community Care Clinic
- The Children's Playhouse
- Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture
- Friends of the Watauga County Public Library
- Hunger & Health Coalition
- Mountain Alliance
- Western Youth Network
Don't have enough time to volunteer, but still want to give back to the community? Check out our Community Assistance Program, a program dedicated to help fund the above non-profits through donations from our Utility Billing customers.
Boards and Commissions
The Town of Boone offers many Boards and Commissions which allow citizens of Boone to truly contribute to the Town. Whether it's the Historic Preservation Commission, the Board of Adjustment or anything in-between, this is an excellent way to show your skills and make a true impact on the Town of Boone. Currently, the Town of Boone Boards and Commissions are soliciting applications for the following:
- Board of Adjustment: 2 Alternate Positions
- Community Appearance Commission: 1 Regular Position, One Student Position
- Downtown Boone Development Association: 1 Board Appointed Positions
- Historic Preservation Commission: 4 Regular Positions, 1 Student Position
- Transportation Committee: 1 Position (Cooperative Extension), 1 Resident Position (Alternative Transportation), 1 Resident Position and 1 Student Position
- Water Advisory Committee: 5 Regular Positions and 1 Student Position
The deadline to apply for these positions is November 5th, 2021. For more information, please Contact Nicole Harmon. To apply, please fill out either a Board Application or a Student Board Application.
Wan to help keep clean, green and beautiful? Consider applying for one of the 3 Adoption Programs through the Town of Boone! Not only are these programs a great way to give back to the Town, they're also fun! Organizations, families and even individuals can participate in this program, and learn how to keep More information can be found on their webpages, or by Contacting Shannon Isaacs, Adoption Program Coordinator.