February 13, 2018
On Sunday, February 11, 2018, at approximately 7:51 PM, a Boone Police officer encountered a vehicle stationary in the intersection of US Highway 421 (King Street) and the Highway 105 Extension. The officer found the driver to be intoxicated and ordered him to exit the vehicle. Initially the driver did not comply with the officer’s commands. During this time, it was discovered the driver had a handgun in his possession. Additional Boone Police Officers and Watauga Sheriff’s Deputies arrived and assisted in taking the driver into custody. As a result of this incident and subsequent investigation Brent Dwayne Hall, 56 years-of-age, of Meat Camp Baptist Church Road, Boone, was charged with:
- Misdemeanor Driving While Impaired;
- Misdemeanor Possession of an Open Contained of Alcohol in a Vehicle;
- Misdemeanor Resisting, Obstruct, or Delay an Officer;
- Misdemeanor Carrying a Firearm After Consuming an Impairing Substance;
- Felonious Offering Bribes.
Mr. Hall was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate where a $25,000 secured bond was set pending a March 16, 2018, appearance in Watauga District Court.
Brent Dwayne Hall